Friday, May 11, 2012

Growing Up

It seems to me that I've been "grown up" my whole life. I never got to experience things most kids do: play dates, family vacations, being spoiled by grandparents. None of it. This isn't a desperate plea for pity, trust me. If it was, it would sound a lot more beautiful. I just honestly feel that at this point in my life, I should feel fully grown. And yet I feel more childish than ever. All I want to do is spend money on things I don't need because they are pretty, run away from all of my responsibilities, laugh when it's time to be serious, and let go of everything that's holding me back from being incredible. Matthew 18:3 says "truly I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom". But 1 Corinthians 13:11 says "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." I guess what trying to say is that in this world where children are forced to become adults way too soon, and adults are allowed to act as children for far too long, how childish is too childish? And when do we all have to really grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment